Welcome to our blog on architecture and socio-urban solutions to the challenges of urban and real estate development.
In these times of great complexities and challenges, we take the time via our blog to share with you our solutions, experiences, as well as different types of project management and facilitation in relation to urban and real estate development.
In difficult times, project management is not enough.
Investors and developers are frustrated and uncertain about the guidelines and pathways for cities to manage their projects, while citizens demand open processes of public consultation and social acceptability. All need leadership and facilitation to stay motivated, heard, informed, confident, and within an effective process.
In addition to current topics in this blog, we will examine what leadership, information convenience, progressive/evolutionary design, socio-cultural mediation and lobbying can add to project management.
We have categorized the topics we will cover as follows:
Challenges and solutions:
- Socio-community, socio-cultural and environmental realities of real estate development;
- Preventative management and conflict resolution of disputes;
- Interrelationships and critical path between the city, committees, community, developer and architect;
- Heritage preservation in conjunction with urban development and densification;
- Management and negotiation of variances.
News from the A4 team:
- Current projects and accomplishments of the firm;
- Internal development and fundraising activities;
- Ongoing training undertaken by the team.
- A look back at local and regional landmark buildings and projects;
- The presentation of heritage and contemporary architectural styles;
- Local news on architecture and urban development.
We will be publishing articles throughout the year and answering questions on a monthly basis in order to keep the dialogue going with our readers.